Tuesday 14 January 2014

Trotsky's Armoured Red Guard






I am still plugging away at my Bolt Action Bolsheviks using Copplestone Castings for the figs. The Bolos (c. British Army) are mostly inexperienced so you need a lot of figures. This lot, Trotsky's Red Guard allocated to armoured trains,  are classed as regulars.

I have kept to rifles as a weapon as I reckon the Bolos would be short of lewis guns. The Tzar's army certainly had them but I'm not sure the average Bolo force was up to maintaining them.

Next up some Petrograd sailors and cavalry and I am finished.

I have taken two pics using the two sorts of natural light available to N Europeans at this time of year, low diffused shadow or bright direct on the horizon. Take your pick.


6 comments:

  1. Splendid! I actually got half an hour's painting done today in the sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I know, strange yellow ball spotted on the Kent horizon.

      Delete
  2. The sunshine on the horizon, with the shadows? That's the stuff, John.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Paul
      I think it depends on what you're trying to show. I agree the sunlit picture is a better photo but the shadow picture probably shows more definition in the models. But the effects of light are interesting.
      John

      Delete
  3. Lovely - and I agree that the second picture adds more character to them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We seem to have a winner. Yes, it is a better photo.

      Delete