Thursday 11 July 2013

Imperial Navy Thunderbolt On Strike Run






Thunderbolt on a low level strike mission in heavy jungle terrain. Note the missile weapon pack under the fuselage.





Good view of the business end of the strafing fighter. Note the twin-linked lascannon in the wing roots and the cluster of four autocannon in the nose.




Same vehicle pulling up after the strike.






Flak detonates over the climbing strike-plane.






But it disengages and safely leaves the target area.

12 comments:

  1. Of course, they look like classic Battlestar Galactica colonial fighters to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shhhh, I was hoping no one would notice. John

      Delete
  2. Excellent, I'll come and shoot it down with my X wing Hellblade...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why do Star Wars fighters make such good Chaos flyers?

      Delete
  3. Great shots of a great model! Who is the maker?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! The colonial viper is one of the all-time great sci-fi models, great basis for a thunderbolt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great kit. But I think the guns make more sense than a radiator in the nose. :)

      Delete
  5. fun :) There's never been a cooler space fighter than the colonial viper. I just need one in a working 1:1 scale.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear John,

    How would a radiator in the nose work in space? I'm confused :O)

    Regards, Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beats me Chris but I suppose this is Hollywood.

      Delete