Wednesday 24 July 2013

Fortress of the Imperium


The clear up of almost finished models goes on. I have had this fortress for a couple of years and had given it a quick spray of Tamiya Tank Grey for a game then - nothing.

I decided to just weather and wash the gray and to only add a handfull of other colours. This model is so big that it tends to distract from the models if too obtrusive. The Vulture is there for scae.

It aso looks a bit like a leggo kit if you paint all the details. So I went for a simple brooding, knocked-around-the-universe-a-bit look.


8 comments:

  1. Looks great!! I have one sitting in a box sadly, I really should get it out and get it finished too :/ ... its tough though when your gaming group is not in a 40K mood anymore.

    Anyway as always, inspirational stuff! Seeing others get off their arses and get some painting done is always good for motivation! Thank you sir!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Other bloggers often kick me into gear as well. :)

      So few of my friends play 40K much now.

      Delete
  2. Nice work! I really dig how that turned out - It's an impressive bit of kit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a nice centrepiece but can be a bit overwhelming. That's why I went for the subdued look.

      Delete