Sunday 13 December 2009

Guild Witchlings


'Witches' captured by the Guild's Witchhunters tend to disappear. Some are reaminated by Sonia Criid, leader of the Witchhunters, as Witchlings. These are the Witchunters' expendable footsoldiers.

The base inserts are also sourced from Wyrd Miniatures. As you can see, I am still learning how to use layering. :)

The swords were painted in Citadel light gold and then covered with a mixture of gloss varnish and yellow acrylic. Citadel green wash was dribbled into the cracks.

John

4 comments:

  1. These guys look great, those swords really 'pop'. I've had my eyes on them for some time, "just because" without any purpose in mind, I think you've convinced me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mik
    They would make fair 40K muties/cultists of nurgle.
    John

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great use of colour on the sword, very striking and I think it works really well. Those Wyrd sewer bases look fantastic too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear M
    The technique was explained to me at this year's SELWYG by one of the historical modelling guys. I have been playing with it since.
    John

    ReplyDelete